分享几篇网友30分的作文(大作文和小作文)

TOPIC:You are planning to study abroad.What do you think you will like and dislike about this experience?Why?

Studying abroad is becoming more and more popular among college students. It not only provides us opportunity to learn sophisticated technology and knowledge but also gives us chances to experience different cultures and life. However the fact that it will get me away from my family and friends for a long time is a bother to me.

One of the major reasons that I want to study abroad is to acquire state of the art technology in a particular field. Now I am majoring electrical engineering, and I want to get further education in this field as a post graduate. However electrical engineering is not as well developed in my own nation as it is in the US. So in order to be an expert in this field and to follow my personal interest, studying abroad is a very good option. This way I can always have access to valuable knowledge as well as keep myself in the frontier in electrical engineering.

Besides getting technical knowledge, studying abroad is also a chance for me to learn about different culture. It's quite obvious that life in another country would be totally different from that of my own. First of all, I have to speak their language so that I can interact with other people. Secondly, I have to adjust myself to their way of thinking, and way of dealing with people, in other words, social skills. Finally I would also acquaint myself with a variety of new things that simply don't exist in my home country. For example, American football is not that popular in China, but if I study in America and I want to have topic with other students, I think what I will have to do is to force myself to watch it, least of all, get to know it a little bit. These experiences   would be very valuable since you can not get them anywhere else but this particular country.

While I experience new culture I would certainly miss things and people traditional in my own country. Studying abroad is a long-term investment. I might be away from home for a year or maybe even two years, which means that I will not be able to see my families and friends for that long time. Without doubt, I will miss them a lot, and sometimes this miss might be so intense that I simply can't deal with it. What's more I will miss the traditional foods so much as well. I never expect that I can find the similar flavor of those foods in another country. So that poses me another problem of studying abroad.

Despite all these disadvantages, I still prefer to study abroad. Because after all, my ultimate goal is to learn sophisticated knowledge and technology, which could better prepares me for my future challenges.
[ 本帖最后由 liaoliao 于 2010-7-11 10:42 编辑 ]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2020-2021 tigtag.com |网站地图  
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部