懂国际信用卡的帮帮忙

各位看一下我的分析对吗?我用中行美金卡交学费,3113。50英镑,结果CASHIER刷我港币,请问英镑转港币的汇率差价被哪个银行拿走了,是中行还是英国学校的银行?

信用卡在国外消费是应该刷当地货币吗?哪里有国际信用卡组织的规定原文啊

25, January 25, 2005
Dear Sir/Madam:
I am a student in MSc in International Banking and Finance. I paid my tuition fee which is 3328.50 pounds on 17, January 2005. I paid it by two cards, 3113.50 pounds with USD MasterCard (issued from Bank of China) and 170 pounds with another MasterCard, because there is not enough money in one card.
The problem is with the 3113.50 payment. The cashier debited my card with Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) from my USD Master Card without telling me that I have to pay the exchange fee between Great British Pound (GBP) and HKD (I lost nearly 100 pounds from this operation false). The cashier explained that my card is HKD card, actually it is USD card.
More important, my classmate who also paid tuition fees using the same USD Master Card (her USD Master Card is also issued from Bank of China) as me was debited by GBP and has no problem. Actually, there is a sentence on my receipt: “Transaction can also be conducted in Pound Sterling.” That means the cashier could debit GBP from my card but the cashier didn’t.
I signed the bill only because I agree to pay that amount of GBP. I saw the accurate amount of pounds on the bill which is 3113.50, so I signed it. I also saw the amount of HKD and the exchange rate which is 14.9958. But under that circumstance, I did not know the actual exchange rate between GBP and HKD on that day (it is not my liability to know the exchange rate between GBP and HKD when I use my USD Master Card to consume GBP) and the cashier didn’t tell me that I have to pay the exchange fee between GBP and HKD. When I paid my accommodation fee on 20, January 25, 2005, the cashier debited GBP from this card. I felt that there must be something wrong with the tuition payment. So I checked my bank account on 23, January 25, 2005, I found that I was charged much more. Finally, I found the reason of this anomaly. The exchange rate of GBP to HKD on 17, January 2005 was 14.58198 (http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic) which means I have to pay the difference between 14.58198 and 14.9958. I signed the bill under the circumstance that the cashier didn’t tell me there are extra exchange fees.
The cashier used my USD master card to buy GBP using HKD without telling me that I have to pay the expensive exchange fee between HKD and GBP. Actually, the cashier should debit GBP from my card directly that I only have to pay the exchange fee from GBP to USD which is reasonable. But now I have to pay exchange fees twice: from GBP to HKD, from HKD to USD. I lost a lot of money from the extra exchange because of the cashier’s operation false.
The right transaction:    GBP –-Bank of China-> USD
The wrong transaction:   GBP---Barclays Bank -> HKD-Bank of China->USD 
[Extra exchange fees= (14.9958-14.58198)*3113.50=1288.43HKD].
According to my bank statement, bank of china charged the exchange fees from HKD to USD. I accept the exchange fees charged by Bank of China because it is reasonable.
The exchange fees (1288.43HKD) from GBP to HKD are charged by the bank of school (Barclays Bank).I don’t accept this exchange fees because these fees are result of false operation.
The cashier explained that school provides service to oversea student that they debit the students’ home currency directly and is welcomed by students. The cashier thought my card is HKD card so she debited HKD from my card. But this transaction shows that students get no benefit from this service. Even if my card is HKD card, I still have to pay the exchange fees (the difference between 14.58198 and 14.9958). So the cashier’s explanation is not proper.
The cashier thought my card is HKD card because when my card is in the machine, it shows HKD on the screen. Actually, I have called my bank to ask for the reason; they said the currency type of a master card can’t be recognized by the machine. The HKD shown on the screen maybe mean this card is from Hong Kong, but Hong Kong can also issue USD card, not necessarily HKD card. Even if my card is HKD card, the cashier should debit GBP because the exchanges fees charged by British bank can be much higher than the fees charged by Bank of China. This transaction is good evidence.
Most important, my Master Card is under the regulation of Master Card International. According to the regulation, if you use a Master Card abroad, the selling party should debit the local currency of that country from your card. That means if I pay tuition fees to school, the cahier should debit GBP directly from my card because GBP is the local currency of Britain. For example, if you use a GBP Master Card issued from HSBC to buy a product priced by Euro when you are in France, the cashier should debit Euro from your card directly; if the cashier debit your card with USD you will have to pay the extra exchange fees between Euro and USD. Another condition is when there are some products priced by USD in France, and then the cashier should debit USD from your card directly, if the cashier debit Euro from your card you will have to pay the exchange fees between USD and Euro. Master Card transactions made by currency which is not the pricing currency are not allowed because they are unfair to buyers. Now that the tuition is priced by GBP, the cashier debit HKD from my card and didn’t tell me that I have to pay the extra exchange fees; the cashier violates the regulation of Master Card International.
The cahier has no right to use my card to buy GBP using HKD without telling me the exchange fees.
Now I lost a lot of money because of the cashier’s operation false and I want compensation to my lost. Canceling this transaction can not compensate me because the bank has charged me lots of exchange fees. I am very upset about this lost. I don’t have work and income so this is a large amount to me. I will very appreciate if school gives me a fair reply to me.

Thank you
Sincerely,
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2020-2021 tigtag.com |网站地图  
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部